ST. CLOUD HERITAGE MUSEUM
The mission of the St. Cloud Heritage Museum is to preserve historic records and
artifacts of organizations and individuals involved in the history of St. Cloud and to
honor their contributions by displaying that information in the museum for access by the public.
COLLECTIONS AND EXHIBITS
The museum, which opened Feb. 19, 2005, currently features photographs, historic records
and a variety of artifacts from veterans and other citizens of the St. Cloud area, the Woman's Club
of St. Cloud, the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.), the St. Cloud Garden Club, the
New York/New Jersey Club, the Business and Professional Women's Club, and many other
groups and individuals involved in St. Cloud and its history.
A growing collection of documents and artifacts on the early history of St. Cloud includes copies of
the Robert A. Fisk collection of postcards and photographs and the Pat McMullen collection of
postcards of early St. Cloud. The series of articles by Robert A. Fisk on the history of St. Cloud
which have appeared in St. Cloud In the News are also included in the museum collection.
Issues of early St. Cloud newspapers are available on microfilm for viewing at the museum. These
include microfilm of the St. Cloud Tribune from March 1911 through February 1943 and most issues
of the St. Cloud News from January 1936 to March 1983. Paper copies of St. Cloud In the News,
which began publishing in May 2002, are also available.
Visitors are welcome to come and browse or sit, read and take notes.
OPERATION OF THE MUSEUM
The St. Cloud Heritage Museum is operated by the Woman's Club of St. Cloud in cooperation with
the City of St. Cloud. The museum is housed in the historic Veterans Memorial Library located
at 1012 Massachusetts Avenue in the heart of downtown St. Cloud. The Veterans Memorial Library
was bult by the Woman's Club in 1922. It was named to honor the Civil War veterans who founded
St. Cloud. The building previously served as the town's library which was operated by the Woman's Club
for over 50 years. It was purchased by the City of St. Cloud in 2001.